BACnet® is a registered trademark of ASHRAE
BACnet (Building Automation and Control Network) is a communications protocol for building automation and control networks. It is an ASHRAE, ANSI, and ISO standard protocol.
BACnet was designed to allow communication of building automation and control systems for applications such as heating, ventilation, air-conditioning control, lighting control, access control, and fire detection systems and their associated equipment. The BACnet protocol provides mechanisms for computerized building automation devices to exchange information, regardless of the particular building service they perform.
BACnet affords facility owners and managers maximum flexibility and cost-effectiveness by allowing control products made by different manufacturers to be integrated into a single uniform system.
Why choose BACnet?
- To integrate products from multiple vendors
- To enable open, competitive procurement
- To gain the flexibility to choose products based on their ability to meet the desired application
- Upgrade facility control systems in stages over many years with multiple generations of products
- Compatibility with modern network technology
- Integration with IT applications
- Designed to enable interconnection of multiple buildings (geographically separated) into a campus environment
- Enable future integration of HVAC controls with fire, card access, security, and lighting control systems
We look forward to working with you to design and install an “open” BACnet system for you and your facility.
If you should require any further information, please contact our office or schedule a site survey.